Saturday, August 19, 2006

Another Stupid Driver

We just returned home from taking the kids to see the Nashville Shakespeare Company's presentation of Macbeth at Centennial Park. I was gonna blog about the girl who sat next to me who, not three minutes after the audience was asked to silence their cellphones and, if they had to, take their calls outside the seating area, placed a cellphone call looking for some guy's number. If you see Syd, by the way, tell him somebody's looking for him. After the intermission, she decided she was going to be part of the percussion section, and began rhythmically beating her empty water bottle on her foot and leg. *sigh*

But no, it looks like the guy driving the khaki colored Explorer SportTrack (with a topper, go figure) , Williamson county plate "HEDHUNER" (I don't make these things up, people, honest) is The Stupid of the day. What with the treating West End as if it were the far straightaway at Bristol, to the jetting over three lanes on I-65 (sans turn signal, natch), when the other three lanes were bereft of cars, only to slow down to 45 miles per hour about 1/3 mile down the road to pay homage to the shiny blue lights flashing on the side of the road, this guy was a jackass, plain and simple.

I know, I know. I shouldn't let these things bother me, and, honest, I am trying to let this stuff roll of my back. But stupid drivers continually put me and my family at risk, and I have had enough.

I think it is time that drivers education be made mandatory in Tennessee. I would also be in favor of making that a retroactive requirement.

I won't hold my breath, though.

No comments: