Saturday, October 28, 2006

Slumber parties and Abba

Tonight is Little Stupid Girl's birthday party. She kept it small and sane (thank the Gods): 2 girls, roller skating, and "slumbering." Her friends are delightful children, and, because they like my daughter, they obviously have exquisite taste.

When I picked them up from the skating rink, I was playing the Mamma Mia! soundtrack. Imagine my surprise, not to mention, delight, when three little barely pubescent voices all shriek from the back seat: I love this song!!!

Being the oh-so-cool mom I am, I cranked it, and we drove around town singing along with it until we were all hoarse. We stopped at Wendy's for frostys to ease our throats, and then came home. And I think they're already asleep, even though I told them they got an extra hour of sleep for daylight savings time.

What little angels!

P.S. Don't forget to check the batteries in your smoke detector, dear readers!

No comments: