Monday, November 20, 2006

In Which I Have the Best Family Ever

I was sick this weekend. By "sick" I mean I got home from work Friday at about 5pm, crawled into bed, and stayed there until about 6 this [Monday] morning. That kind of sick.

Anyway, Mr. Stupid Girl and I do our grocery shopping on Saturday, and since Thanksgiving is Thursday, this was bound to be a big trip. Only I could not go. I really wanted to, because I am, shall we say, exacting, about what ingredients I need/want for my favorite holiday's meal. There really was no way I could go, though, so Mr. Stupid Girl and I wrote up the list, then we went through it to answer any questions he might have about the particular brand of vanilla I must have in order to maintain stasis in the household.

Sunday afternoon, he took the children off to our local Publix, and, 2 hours, 5 phone calls, and a teeny-tiny bit of money later (seriously, he hardly spend any money; I have no idea how he did that), they came home with exactly what we needed in order to make a glorious T-giving Day feast.

I love my husband, I love our children. And I so totally love Thanksgiving. It is the best holiday ever!

I hope you all have a merry one! (get that? see, I had to inject a little smart-assedness there, otherwise you'd think your Stupid Girl had gone all soft on ya.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, we still need to get vanilla! Wow, was it really five phone calls? Makes me sound really hapless, LOL! But really, it was a lot of fun, and the kids were awesome as usual.